Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friday update? Sure, why not

A little bit of news on the job front, but I'm a believer in jinxes, so nothing more until I know more. It's not an offer, but it's nice to have some kind of response to something.

It's been quite the hot week in Britain. Temperatures approaching and even *gasp* exceeding 30 degrees Celsius. Which is about 86 Fahrenheit. Which, in turn, is enough to prompt heat-wave warnings and general paranoia.

IN FAIRNESS: There is very little air conditioning in this country. So 85 is a little bit more annoying. But when you've lived in the places I (we?) have, it's hard not to giggle.

I've gotten my share of England losing at things in the past week. The footballers lost the European Under-21 title to Germany (blargh) 4-0 (double-blargh) on Monday, and the new great hope of British tennis, Andy Murray, was knocked out by the other Andy, Roddick.

Big doings next week: Cricket on Monday, and Wales on Wednesday. I promise to try to post pictures, but I'm not a big fan of carrying my behemoth of a camera around.

Ooh...but I have a camera phone now. Eeenteresting.

3 comments:

John said...

Cricket eh? Who's playing then? And which part of Wales is that?

We need pictures!

Job news sounds promising - looking forward to hearing more...

Rich said...

Ammanford. Southwest Wales. Drive to the end of the M4 and turn right, pretty much.

Sherry Mims said...

WALES! I love Wales. You should friend one of my friends on LJ, welsh_cakes (who is moving to Florida in August). She lives near Cardiff. Tell her you're a friend of mine, and she might show you around :-)